Whenever it is to be checked that whether a person is alive or dead, what is the first thing that the doctors check? You must have even seen in movies that they bring their fingers close to the nose of the person to check whether the person is Breathing or not.
This means that having a normal breathing going on is actually the symbol of life. This means that it is perhaps the most important process that is going on in the human body. Even if you don’t think that it is the most important process of the human body but still it can be considered as one of the most important processes for sure.
However, there are certain conditions in which this process of breathing is halted and that may have a number of reasons for it.
In this article, first of all we will first have a look at what may cause that halt in the most important process of our body.
- It might be the dreaded Asthma.
- It might be shortness of breath or wheezing.
- It might be chronic obstructive pulmonary disease that is also known as COPD.
- Any other lung disease.
In such cases Advair Diskus can surely come to the rescue of the patient.
What Is Advair Diskus?
This is one of the best medicines out there that are used to treat symptoms of Asthma or COPD. It is used by Inhaling with the help of Inhalers.
Advair Diskus basically consists of two active pharmaceutical ingredients and they both perform their functions in combination.
Fluticasone actually is a part of a class of drugs known as corticosteroids. It works by reducing the irritation and swelling of the airway passages and helps to relieve the issues with breathing. Salmeterol belongs to the class of drugs known as long-acting beta agonists. It works by relaxing the muscles around the airways so that they open up and you can breathe more easily and comfortably.
How It Is To Be Used
One should be very much careful when they are using Advair Diskus and along with the knowledge and the timing of the medicine to be used, the knowledge of Inhaler should also be with the patient so that they can handle it properly.
Advair Diskus does not give instant comfort to the patient and hence it should never be taken at the time of an asthma attack. At the time of an asthma attack another medicine that has a quick and faster action should be used.
Precautionary Measures to Take
- The cap of the inhaler should always be on if it is not in use.
- The timing of the usage of Advair Diskus must always be kept in mind.
- If a child is using it then an adult should always be there to keep an eye.
- In case of any mishaps, try to contact your doctor or reach the hospital as soon as possible.
- The dosage amount set by a registered medical practitioner should always be followed and one should never be the prescriber himself.
- Take proper care of the cleanliness of inhaler.