When we talk about the human body and if we have to pick out one most important part of the human body, then it just has to be Human Heart.
Heart is a pumping organ present in our body that keeps the blood moving in our body and is responsible for keeping us alive and kicking.
The heartbeat is actually a Symbol of Life and if anything is wrong with the human heartbeat, then it can potentially be fatal as well. This is the reason that one has to be very careful with respect to the heartbeat.
However, sometimes there is an irregular rhythm in the beats of the human heart. It is a disease that can even prove out to be fatal for the patient and Amiodarone is the medicine that cures this problem and helps the heart with maintaining a constant rhythm of heart beat.
In this article, we will discuss the various aspects of this wonder drug.
- It can be used to cure Tachycardia. (Irregularities in beating of heart.)
- It helps to maintain a nice rhythm to our heartbeat.
- It blocks the electric signals that cause irregular heartbeat.
One should never take any medicine without the prescription or guidance of the doctor but especially in the case any medication that is associated with heart should never be used without the critical eye of a doctor over you. However, mostly it is recommended to use this once or twice a day and the decision of the dosage lies solely with the clinical experience of the doctor and he is the only person to be trusted with such a critical disease.
This can be taken
If someone is pregnant then they should go through all required tests before getting on this medication.
Precautionary Measures to Take
- Never use this medicine without the prescription of the doctor.
- Never overdose yourself as it can prove fatal.
- Read the guidelines properly that are written on the back side of the packet.
- Do not use Grapefruit or Grapefruit juice along with Amiodarone.
- One should also be mentally prepared for the side effects that can be caused by this drug.
Side Effects Of Amiodarone
- Lack of coordination.
- Constipation can also be caused.
- Headache and migraine are common.