The process of digestion that takes place in the human body is one of the most important processes for the proper functioning of one’s body.
However, there are some issues that can arise in the digestive system and it can cause some real discomfort and pain for the patient.
If someone is suffering from Chronic Idiopathic Constipation, then Amitiza is the drug that needs to be taken to be cured.
The formula of this medicine is Lubiprostone.
In this article we will have a look at the uses, precautionary measures as well as how it can be inoculated into the human body.
- It helps to reduce the strain required to release stool.
- The process of releasing stool becomes easy.
- In the case of Constipation caused by Opioid drugs, it can prove highly effective.
- It helps to improve the texture of stool.
- It helps to activate the Chloride Channels in the bodywhich means that it increases the level of fluid in the intestine of the digestive system and hence releasing stool becomes easy.
- It also helps to get rid of the feeling of not relieving completely as well.
How It Can Be Used
When you are about to take such medication, it must always be kept in mind to follow the instructions of your doctor. Because, without proper instructions or prescription, the misuse of Amitiza can even cause Dehydration to the body.
There are certain ways to take this medicine.
- It can be taken with food.
- It can be taken without food.
- It can be taken with water or milk.
- It is usually suggested to take this twice a day.
- Pregnant women should always follow the prescription of the doctor.
- Do not skip if you are on it.
- Always take the medicine at the same time everyday.
Precautionary Measures To Take
When you are dealing with such medicines that can have a direct impact on the inner functions of your body, you need to be extra careful and cautious before you use them and hence a strict code of precautions must always be followed to keep it all safe and sound for you.
Here is a set of instructions to be followed that will help you to take this medicine safely.
- Never chew the tablet.
- Do not take it without the prescription of a registered medical practitioner.
- Always follow the guidelines given by the doctor.
- Do not use this medicine for normal Constipation.
- This medicine is specifically used for Idiopathic Constipation treatment and some other specific types of Constipation and should always be used if the doctor prescribes.
- Misuse can even cause Dehydration.
- Pregnancy bearing women should avoid its usage.
- Drink ample amounts of water while on this medicine.
Idiopathic Constipation disease is surely one of the most discomforting diseases around and hence this medicine can prove out to be a handful if used properly. We hope that this article tells you everything you need to know about this drug.