Breast cancer is cancer that forms in the cells of the breasts and can cause following conditions.
- Inverted nipples.
- Lump in the breast.
- Redness in the areas surrounding nipples
It is one of the most common types of cancer that is found in both men and women but it is mostly found in women and they are more affected by it than men.
Substantial support for breast cancer awareness and research funding has helped create advances in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. Breast cancer survival rates have increased, and the number of deaths associated with this disease is steadily declining, largely due to factors such as earlier detection, a new personalized approach to treatment and a better understanding of the disease.
However, there are much more advanced and expensive treatments of Breast cancer that are going on in the world but Anastrozole is also used to treat breast cancer as well.
How Does It Work
There is a hormone present in the body of women that is known as Estrogen and it is said that the higher level of estrogen can cause serious complications of breast cancer and it can even be a cause of breast cancer.
Anastrozole actually works by lowering down the levels of Estrogen in the body of women and that can help with preventing or reversing the effects of breast cancer in women.
The dosage of such a sensitive medicine needs to be followed as is instructed by your doctor and self-Dosage should be avoided. It is usually recommended to take one pill a day and it can usually take a while for its positive impacts to show off and hence one should be very patient while using this medicine.
How Is It Used?
This medicine is usually present in the form of a tablet and is taken in via mouth. This can be taken with or without food but if you have a history of getting a stomach upset, then you should take it with food.
You can also take it with water, milk or even some kind of juice as well.
There are a few side effects of Anastrozole that you should be aware of while you are on its medication and it is important to have knowledge about them.
- It can cause Dizziness.
- It can cause lack of focus.
- It can react very badly with Alcohol and Marijuana and make you lose your senses.
- Weight gain can happen.
- Throat infections can take place.
- Weakness is felt.
- Pain in joints.
If you see any of such symptoms, you need to contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Precautionary Measures To Take
- Do not overdose yourself at any cost.
- Avoid using Marijuana and Alcohol.
- Do not take Anastrozole and drive as it becomes hard to focus after taking Anastrozole.
- Always follow the instructions of your doctor regarding the usage and Dosage of Anastrozole.
- Take the medicine at the same time everyday so you won’t forget to take it.
- If you somehow skip the dose, take it as soon as you remember.