Berberine is a chemical compound found in many plants. Extracted from a variety of herbs this substance carries a number of health benefits. Natural occurring chemical compounds are far better when compared to other chemicals used as medication against different health disorders.
Let’s first list out different aspects of Berberine that are under discussion in this article:
THINGS TO BE DISCUSSED:
- WHAT IS BERBERINE?
- HOW BERBERINE WORKS?
- SIDE EFFECTS
- SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
What is Berberine?
Best ever herbal chemical found in several plants such as European barberry, tree turmeric, goldthread, goldenseal and Oregon grape etc.
Berberine is being used as treatment for different health infections or issues for decades. However it’s long term use is strictly prohibited.
Barberine is an oral medication that is used against diabetes, high blood pressure and high level of cholesterol or fat. The supplement may also prove beneficial against:
- Hyperlipidemia (deals with people having high cholesterol level).
- Sunburns (Berberine is the best herbal and natural skin tonic that reduces sunburns).
- Kills bacteria (Berberine can kill bacteria and keeps severe form of health disorders away).
- Canker sore (A berberine gel can decrease pain, oozing, redness and size of ulcers in people having canker sore).
- Diabetes (Berberine is the best used medication against diabetes and it manages sugar level in patients with diabetes).
- Infertility (It may also treat infertility).
- Cholera (In patients with cholera, berberine can reduce diarrhea with mild symptoms).
- Diarrhea (Berberine can decrease symptoms of diarrhea in patients with E.coli infection).
- Heart rate (People with heart disease can get benefit from berberine according to health experts).
- Glaucoma (Berberine supplements may prove fruitful against glaucoma or eye disorder that can later lead you to loss of vision).
- Swelling (Berberine can also treat swelling caused by the hepatitis B or C virus. It can reduce blood sugar, blood fats and markers of liver damage).
- Obesity (Recent research shows that berberine can decrease weight in people dealing with obesity).
How Berberine works?
It helps people with certain heart diseases and may cause a fast heartbeat. It also kills bacteria and decreases swelling. It also proves effective for diabetes patients.
Dosage varies from person to person according to the disease for which it’s being used. It is usually taken by mouth and the dose is different for children and adults. Your health care provider would direct you the exact dose.
Berberine is all safe but it can cause negative side effects on one’s health when used against directions:
- Stomach disorder
- Gas etc.
- Use exactly as prescribed.
- Don’t take longer than prescribed as long term use can cause addiction.
- Never use it on your own.
- Never share with others.
- Don’t use it if you are allergic to it.
- Stop using the medication if it doesn’t work for you.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store at a moderate room temperature.