Eyes are for sure one of the greatest gifts of God Almighty to human beings and they are surely made more beautiful by the addition of the eye lashes.
There are some conditions however in which there are not enough eyelashes and that at one hand is even dangerous for the general health of human eyes but on the other hand it also reduces the beauty factor of the eyes as well.
Moreover, there is a condition known as Glaucoma as well. In this condition, there is a sort of stiffness in the eye and the pain might even get unbearable at times.
This is a genetic issue actually and transfers from one generation to another.
If proper care is not taken of this disease, then it can even cause permanent loss of vision as well.
There is however a medicine that can help you fight against both of these issues of glaucoma as well as the lack of eye lashes and it is called Bimatoprost.
What Is It Made Of And What Does It Do?
Bimatoprost is similar to a natural chemical in the body that is known as prostaglandin. This helps the eyelashes to grow into a much blacker and thicker version. This medicine also is very much useful in the dangerous condition of Glaucoma as well and can help to recover the eye if it’s in perfect condition.
How Is It Used?
Here comes the tricky part of using this medicine and ultimate care must be taken to use it properly. Otherwise, it can really harm you as well.
First of all you must be rest assured that you are not allergic to this medicine, otherwise it can cause serious allergic complications to your eyes which you obviously do not want.
You can follow the following steps for using it.
- Wash your hands and eyes.
- Place one drop of the medicine on to the applicator that comes along with it.
- Immediately bring that applicator to your upper eyelid and apply it.
- Throw away the applicator after applying to one eyelid.
- Now repeat the same process by using another applicator on your other upper eyelid.
However, one thing should be kept in mind and that is to never apply it to your lower eyelid.
If you are using it for Glaucoma then this medicine is also available in the form of drops and you can use it.
Side Effects Of Bimatoprost
There are certain side effects that can be caused by this medicine. Some of them are discussed as under.
- It can cause itching in the eyes.
- Redness of eyes can also be seen.
- In some severe cases allergies are also caused as well that can be very dangerous.
If you find any of these side effects happening to you then all you need to do is to consult with your doctor as soon as possible and get a checkup.
Precautionary Measures To Take
- Make sure you are not allergic to it.
- Follow the advice of your doctor while using it.
- Clean your hands and eyes before using it.