Eyes are one of the greatest gifts of God to human beings. It is a proven fact now that the resolutions of our eyes are much greater than even the most advanced cameras that have been built by human beings.
The sense of sight is surely a great blessing and it is almost impossible to replace it.
Suppose you are present in a room that is full of darkness and has no light in the room as well. It is scary to even imagine that right? So, we should always take proper care of this great gift.
Suppose that a person is awake for 16 hours a day, then eyes will be in use for all of those 16 hours for sure. Whether he is reading a book, using the internet or doing home chores.
This makes our eyes very susceptible to minor infections and diseases. As we know that our eyes don’t even have a strong protection like other important organs of our body. So, we need to be extra careful.
A few things that can cause an eye infection or some discomfort are as under.
- Smoke coming out of a factory or Automobiles.
These are few of the main reasons that may cause an eye infection.
Sometimes, there is even itching in the eyes and redness when we come out after a swim.
No matter what the reason for the itching or redness of the eyes, Brimonidine drops will prove very useful in any scenario and help you by providing comfort.
How Is It Used And What Does It Do?
The process of using Brimonidine is a very specific one and needs to be followed carefully.
We will break it down for you so you can understand it easily.
- First of all you need to wash your hands.
- Remove the lid of the Drops.
- Lean your head backwards to bring the level of eyes a bit higher.
- Drag down the lower lid with your finger to create a kind of pouch or sac.
- Pour in the drops carefully.
This is the process that needs to be followed.
When the drops are added to the eyes, the active pharmaceutical ingredients start working its magic and the patient gets relief from the discomfort.
It is usually recommended to use 4 to 6 drops after a gap of every 4 hours. It is also recommended to not use these drops for more than 4 times in a day.
Side Effects Of Brimonidine
There is not much evidence of any severe side effects caused by this medicine. However, there are general side effects of this medicine as well. Some of them are :
- Allergy to the eyes
- Sometimes there is an issue with Nose or throat as well.
If any of these side effects persist then you should contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Precautionary Measures To Take While Using Brimonidine
- Keep your hands clean while using the drops.
- Don’t wash your eyes immediately after using these drops.
- Remove your contact lenses before using the drops.
- Store the drops in a cool and dry place.
- Do not swallow these drops.