Hypertension or high blood pressure is a common health disorder or illness that leads to other severe health complications which include heart disease, heart attack or stroke and even death.
High blood pressure is a long-term medical condition where the pressure in arteries is constantly elevated. There are countless factors that cause hypertension and unhealthy lifestyle is one of them. But here in this particular article our basic concern is how to overcome this health issue or how to deal with this ailment.
Are you fed up with using or taking different health tips and medications which are not even working for you? Put your mind to rest as we are here to introduce you to a new effective medication named chlorthalidone.
What is chlorthalidone?
Chlorthalidone as we indicated above is used to treat hypertension or high blood pressure and is sold under many other brand names such as hygroton and thalitone etc.
It is a prescription medication used only when instructed by a health expert. It produces great reductions in blood pressure and helps prevent stroke, kidney disorders and heart attack.
How chlorthalidone works?
Chlorthalidone decreases the blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels that help blood to flow easily. The wonder drug increases your urination right after you take the drug.
The supplement takes minimum 2-3 hours to start working. But after taking the dose regularly as instructed by your physician you will notice positive result within few days.
Chlorthalidone is available in different forms and strengths and dosage usually depends upon your medical condition. Your health care provider may prescribe you the dose after analyzing your condition.
Tablets of chlorthalidone are available in following strengths:
- 15 mg
- 25 mg
- 50 mg
- 100 mg
Dosage may vary from patient to patient as according to one’s condition. Your doctor may start 15 mg dosage as initial dose and increase the dose later if it doesn’t work for you.
- Take it by mouth as prescribed by your doctor.
- Take it chlorthalidone after meals.
- The best time to take this supplement is after breakfast to avoid going to the washroom during night.
- Take once a day.
- Take chlorthalidone if and only when prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- Increase or decrease the dose only when your doctor asks you to do so.
- Never miss a dose.
- If you have missed the dose take as soon as you remember it and skip the dose if it’s time for the next dose.
- Don’t stop using this medication on your own without consulting your doctor as you may face withdrawal symptoms.
Side effects of chlorthalidone:
Like any other supplement chlorthalidone also carries some side effects which may occur if one uses it against given directions:
- Stomach disorder
- Loss of appetite
- Overdose may cause High blood pressure
- Anxiety or other life threatening symptoms.
Safety precautions of chlorthalidone:
- Never be your own doctor or don’t use any medication if not prescribed.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Don’t share with others.
- Consult your doctor before taking chlorthalidone if you have any kind of allergic reactions.
- Store at a moderate room temperature.