B vitamins are an essential part of our body as they play a key role in normal functioning of building blocks of a healthy and sound body.
Vitamins especially B vitamins directly impact our metabolism, brain function and energy level. Moreover, vitamins promote growth of blood cells in the body.
This article deals with Vitamin B12. Deficiency of vitamin B12 causes serious illness named anemia. Anemia is the lack of healthy red blood cells.
Lack of vitamin B12 means your body doesn’t have sufficient amounts of red blood cells which makes you feel weak and tired and the matter can get worse even to damage your nerves.
What is cyanocobalamin?
Cyanocobalamin is another name for vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin naturally present in food, especially animal foods. But many people don’t get enough vitamin B12 from food and as a result face deficiency of this vitamin.
Well, we are introducing here a man-made form of vitamin B12 cyanocobalamin that helps in maintaining the level of red blood cells in the body. Vitamin B12 is an important vitamin that helps in growth, reproduction and blood formation.
Dosage of cyanocobalamin:
Cyanocobalamin is available in three forms:
- Tablet form
- Liquid form
- Cyanocobalamin Injection
Your health care provider is surely the exact person who will tell you which form suits you the most. He may recommend you the treatment after generalizing your medical condition.
- If you are taking it in tablet form take the supplement orally once or twice a day with or without meal or as directed by your doctor.
- Carefully measure the liquid when you are taking cyanocobalamin in liquid form. (don’t use household spoon to measure the liquid)
- Cyanocobalamin injection is injected directly into the bloodstream that’s why it gives faster and better results as compared to tablets or liquids. One may inject it in the shoulder or upper buttocks.
- Never be your own doctor and follow the instructions of your health caretaker carefully.
- Use exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
How long does cyanocobalamin take to work?
As like dosage, mode of action of cyanocobalamin also varies from person to person according to medical condition and response to the treatment. Usually, the supplement takes 48-72 hours to start working.
Side effects of cyanocobalamin:
Cyanocobalamin is all safe and free of risk with 0% side effects if used as directed. But when used against given guidelines it may result in leaving following side effects on patient’s health:
- Breathing issues
- Severe allergic reactions
- Muscles ache
- Low potassium level
- Sore throat etc.
Safety measures of cyanocobalamin:
- Follow instructions written on the package carefully.
- Don’t exceed or decrease the dosage without consulting your physician.
- Tell your doctor if you have any kind of allergic reactions.
- Never share with others.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store at a moderate room temperature.
- Switch to some other medication if you don’t get satisfactory results.