It’s common or normal to have muscle spasm. Spasm is a knot, hard feeling or tightness in muscles. But is it normal to have regular muscle spasm?
Muscle spasm or muscle cramps is a condition where muscles feel ache and disturbed. Usual muscle ache is certainly unbearable as it makes you feel tired and unwell.
So here the question is, what is the possible solution of the problem? How can muscle spasm be treated? Several medications are available in the market which claim to cure the illness, but do they treat the cause? Not really.
In this article, the medication under discussion is cyclobenzaprine. List of different points that are under discussion are as follows.
THINGS TO BE DISCUSS:
- WHAT IS CYCLOBENZAPRINE?
- HOW CYCLOBENZAPRINE WORKS?
- HOW MUCH TIME DOES CYCLOBENZAPRINE TAKE TO START WORKING?
- DOSAGE OF CYCLOBENZAPRINE
- SIDE EFFECTS OF CYCLOBENZAPRINE
- SAFETY MEASURES OF CYCLOBENZAPRINE
What is cyclobenzaprine?
Cyclobenzaprine is the best formulated drug that is used to treat muscle spasm or muscle cramps. It’s a prescription medication designed with natural ingredients to relieve muscle spasm.
How does cyclobenzaprine work?
Cyclobenzaprine, the most used muscle relaxant gives better and long-lasting results when used along with physical therapies and rest.
Cyclobenzaprine works wonders by relaxing certain muscles in the body. It blocks pain signals to the central nervous system. As a result, pain sensations are blocked and are not sent to the brain and muscles to feel relaxation.
How much time does cyclobenzaprine take to start working?
Cyclobenzaprine starts working within an hour. After effects of the drug remain for 12-24 hours.
Dosage of cyclobenzaprine:
Cyclobenzaprine also sold under the brand name fexmid is available in different forms and strengths. The dose of the drug usually depends on medical condition and response of the patient to the treatment.
Your doctor is the best person to recommend the exact dose to you. The dosage also depends upon your age, condition being treated, other medical complications that you have, drug form or your reaction to the treatment.
- Take as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- Don’t decrease or increase the dose on your own without consulting a doctor.
- Start taking the lower dose and increase the dose if light dosage doesn’t work for you.
- Don’t exceed the dose than 10 mg thrice a day.
Side effects of cyclobenzaprine:
Cyclobenzaprine is free of any kind of risk when used according to the instructions of the doctor. But when used against given directions it may result in leaving following unwanted side effects:
- Unusual fatigue
- Dry mouth
It may also leave following serious side effects as well:
- Mood swings
- Irregular heartbeat
- Urinating trouble
- Breathing troubles
- Stomach disorder etc.
Safety measures of cyclobenzaprine:
- Read instructions written on the package carefully.
- Never be your own doctor and follow doctor’s directions.
- Never share your medicine with others.
- Don’t use it if you have any kind of allergic reactions.
- Switch to some other medication if cyclobenzaprine doesn’t work for you.
- Keep out of the reach of children.