Allergic reactions depending on the substance involved can affect your health badly including your nasal passages, digestive system and skin etc.
Are you fed up with using several antiallergic medicines or drugs which don’t even work for you? Get relaxed as we have something amazing for you which will give magical results.
Before moving on let’s list out basic aspects of the drug which is under discussion here in the article:
THINGS TO BE DISCUSSED:
- WHAT IS DESLORATADINE?
- HOW DESLORATADINE WORKS?
- HOW MUCH TIME DOES DESLORATADINE TAKES TO START WORKING?
- HOW TO USE/DOSAGE OF DESLORATADINE
- BENEFITS OF DESLORATADINE
- SIDE EFFECTS OF DESLORATADINE
- SAFETY MEASURES
What is Desloratadine?
Desloratadine is an antiallergic medication used to treat allergic reactions or symptoms such as sneezing, hives, watery eyes, runny nose etc.
How Desloratadine works?
Desloratadine works by blocking a particular natural substance called histamine that our body makes during allergic reaction. High levels of histamine in the body can cause severe allergic reactions that’s why desloratadine blocks its production to lower the risk.
Desloratadine is available in both tablet and liquid form. dosage usually depends on which form you are taking. If you are taking the drug in tablet form then your doctor is the exact person to prescribe you the dose.
Follow given instructions carefully while using desloratadine:
- Take by mouth with or without food.
- Dissolve the tablet on tongue and then swallow it.
- When you are taking it in liquid form don’t measure the quantity of liquid with a household spoon.
How much time does Desloratadine take to start working?
Desloratadine starts working within an hour and the result is just amazing and quite satisfactory. This is probably the reason that it’s the most commonly used anti-allergic medication in medical settings across the world.
Onset of Desloratadine
Side Effects of Desloratadine
Like any other medication, desloratadine also carries threats of side effects along with multiple benefits. The drug is all safe when used carefully as per given directions. But when used against instructions it may cause following side effects:
- Loss of appetite
- Sleeping disorder
- Stomach pain
- Sore throat
- Breathing troubles
- Skin Rash
- Swelling etc.
Safety Measures of Desloratadine
- Use if and only when prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- Use exactly as recommended by the doctor.
- Don’t miss the dose and if you miss one take as early as you remember. When it’s time for the next dose, skip the dose instead of taking a double dose as it may be harmful for health.
- Start taking the lower dose and then increase the dose gradually when the lower dose doesn’t work.
- Don’t quit the use at once as withdrawal symptoms may appear.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult a physician before taking desloratadine as the drug may dissolve into mother’s milk and cause side effects on the baby’s health.
- Don’t use it if you have any serious disease such as diabetes, cancer, hypertension etc.
- Don’t take longer than prescribed as it may prove habit forming.
- Switch to some other medication if it doesn’t work for you.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store at a moderate room temperature.