Being a diabetic isn’t safe because diabetes is a disease that we may say is the root cause of many other horrible diseases which usually lead to death.
Though it can be managed effectively and easily when caught early, in other cases you may have to face severe and deadly results. Diabetes may cause:
- cardiovascular disease
- neurotic disorder
- vision impairment
- hearing problems
- skin issues
- kidney damage etc.
When left untreated, the disease is undoubtedly more harmful. It may cause potential horrible ailments in the form of heart failure and even death.
But how to get satisfied that you are under safe and best treatment? Well, we have something for you which will surely help you in getting over this harmful disease. Desmopressin, especially formulated to treat diabetes is the best and widely used medication against this condition.
THINGS TO BE DISCUSSED:
- WHAT IS DESMOPRESSIN?
- HOW DESMOPRESSIN WORKS?
- HOW LONG DOES DESMOPRESSIN TAKE TO WORK?
- SIDE EFFECTS
- PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
What is Desmopressin?
Desmopressin also sold under the brand name DDAVP is a drug used to treat diabetes insipidus, high urea levels, bedwetting and hemophilia A.
Desmopressin is used for mild to moderate cases. Dosage depends upon which form of drug you are using as it’s available in both tablet & injection form.
Your doctor will recommend the best dose and form after observing your medical condition. Follow doctor’s instructions strictly to get best and long-lasting results.
How long does it take to work?
Desmopressin starts working within an hour and the result is long lasting and effective. As we know that diabetes can’t be treated permanently, however it can be controlled with the help of Desmopressin, but the symptoms remain in the body.
One may use the medication in liquid form by injecting it into veins. When used in injection form it starts working in 15-30 minutes.
Side effects of Desmopressin
Every medication carries more plus points and benefits when compared to side effects or risks. If your doctor has recommended you the drug that means he knows that it’s fruitful for you but if and only when you will use it as directed by him.
When used against instructions desmopressin can cause following side effects:
- Stomach disorder
Desmopressin doesn’t contain any serious side effects and it’s usually safe to use.
- Take only when prescribed by your doctor.
- Don’t use it on your own as it may be harmful in some cases.
- Tell your doctor before using it if you are allergic to it.
- Consult your personal healthcare taker before using if you have any other disease such as kidney problem, heart issue or high or blood pressure.
- Avoid using alcohol with desmopressin.
- Immediately contact your doctor if any kind of side effect appears.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult some health specialist before using desmopressin.
- Never use longer than prescribed as it may be habit forming.
- Keep away from children.
- Store at a moderate room temperature.
- Never share with others.