Though very common, depression is the most serious ailment or medical condition that affects negatively on how you think about something or how you feel about particular happenings and incidents.
Depression has no particular reason and it is caused by a basic trigger made up of several reasons and happenings. A number of unpleasant life events can lead you to depression and anxiety.
In other words, depression is a severe mood disorder that disturbs your daily life routine negatively. It may occur in form of:
- Loss of cheerfulness
- Anxiety etc.
If you have also lost all interest in life and happiness? Has depression become a permanent part of your life? Is nothing helping you overcome this health disorder? Put your mind to rest as you are not alone. A great number of the world’s population is facing the same issue and health specialists are in a continuous struggle to tackle the problem.
Many medications are used to treat depression symptoms but in this particular article the medication under discussion is desvenlafaxine. Let’s throw light on main aspects of desvenlafaxine that we have to discuss here:
THINGS TO BE DISCUSSED:
- WHAT IS DESVENLAFAXINE?
- HOW DESVENLAFAXINE WORKS?
- DOSAGE OF DESVENLAFAXINE
- HOW MUCH TIME DOES DESVENLAFAXINE TAKE TO START WORKING?
- SIDE EFFECTS OF DESVENLAFAXINE
- PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
What is Desvenlafaxine?
Desvenlafaxine is classed under the family of medicines named selective serotonin and SNRIs. It is an anti-depressant used to treat depression and kidney disorders as well.
How Desvenlafaxine works?
Desvenlafaxine works by affecting the level of certain brain chemicals which play a key-role in depression. It maintains balance of brain substances to help maintain mental balance.
Dose depends on your medical condition. Your doctor may recommend you the dose after observing your condition. He will probably recommend you taking the lower dose first and increase the dose when needed. However, the recommended dose is 25mg or 50mg per day.
How much time does it take to work?
The results may vary from person to person depending on one’s medical condition and reaction to the treatment. However, desvenlafaxine usually takes 1-2 weeks to start working.
Desvenlafaxine may cause following side effects when used carelessly:
- Dry mouth
- Never be your own doctor and use the drug if and only when prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- Don’t use longer than prescribed.
- If any abrupt change in behavior is noticed, communicate to the patient’s doctor immediately.
- Not in use for pediatric patients.
- Not in use for children and patients with serious diseases.
- Start taking the lower dose and increase the dose if lower dose doesn’t work for you.
- Don’t miss the dose and if a dose is missed try to take it as early as you remember and don’t take if it’s time for the next dose.
- Switch to some other medication if desvenlafaxine doesn’t work for you.
- Never share with others.
- Keep out of the reach of children,
- Store at a moderate room temperature.