This article is all about medicine that helps reduce chest tightness or shortness of breath.
FORMOTEROL is an oral inhalation medicine. The medicine is used to curb chest stiffness or shortness of breath which is affected due to severe obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
FORMOTEROL is considered in the category of medicines known as long-acting beta-agonists (LABAs). This medicine makes the patient easier to breathe by smoothing and opening air passages of the lungs.
The medicine comes in market in two forms:
- It comes in the form of a capsule.
- And it comes in the form of a solution
The dosage for this medicine varies for different patients. Follow your doctor’s directions for proper dosages. Do not stop taking this medicine or change your dose unless your doctor prescribes you to stop taking the medicine.
The amount of the medicine that you are prescribed to take depends on the strength of the medicine and the time duration depends on the condition of the patient for which you are prescribed to use this medicine.
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS:
Some common side effects that appear after taking this medicine are as follows.
- A patient may feel nauseated
- Dizziness and tiredness are also included in the common symptoms.
- Some patients also get headaches.
- Muscle cramps and dry mouth are also common symptoms.
But, in case if any of these symptoms worsen or does not go away call your doctor immediately.
SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS:
Some serious side effects that appear in a few cases.
- In rare cases, swelling in the face, tongue, or lips appears.
- If there is any difficulty in breathing or difficulty in swallowing, call your doctor without wasting any time.
- Irregular heartbeats are considered a serious symptoms.
- Rashes or itching is also an unusual symptom.
- If chest pain or fainting occurs then a patient must see a doctor as soon as possible.
If the medicine shows any allergic signs or any serious side effects, must visit the health care department immediately.
If you are on any medications tell your doctor before using FORMOTEROL.
Tell your doctor if you have any medical history especially if you had any heart disease in the past or if you have any heart complications in the present situation.
Visit your practitioner regularly to make sure if the medicine is giving the best results. Your doctor may ask you for blood tests to check the effectiveness of the medicine.
Inform your doctor if there is no improvement in the condition of the patient or if the condition of the patient becomes worse after taking this medicine.
This medicine reduces the occurrence of asthma attacks but, in few cases, this medicine increases the number of asthma attacks in few patients. The patient must read the risks given in the prescription and talk to your practitioner about any worries or disturbances that you have after this medicine.
Do not take this medicine unless your doctor prescribes you.
FORMOTEROL may affect your blood sugar levels. So, in case you are diabetic and notice any change in your blood sugar levels or note any change in your urine sugar tests, see your doctor immediately.