Rivotril also sold under other names including clonazepam is the strongest and most effective drug against seizures disorders and panic attacks.
Before moving on let’s first list out different aspects of rivotril that we are going to discuss in this article.
THINGS TO BE DISCUSSED
- What is rivotril and what it’s used for?
- How does rivotril work?
- Mode of action
- Negative side effects
- Safety precautions
What is Rivotril and what it’s used for?
It also treats epilepsy in children, adults and infants. It decreases the number of seizures or fits that one has.
How does rivotril work?
The wonder rivotril works by increasing the functioning of GABA in the body which sends signals to the central nervous system.
If GABA doesn’t work properly or if there’s not enough GABA in the body it may cause panic attacks.
- Take strictly as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- It should be taken as a single dose even.
- Start taking the lower dose first and then increase the dose if the lower dose doesn’t work.
- Maximum dose is 20mg per day.
- Don’t increase or decrease the dose on your own without consulting your physician.
- Move to some other medication if it doesn’t work for you.
Mode of action:
Rivotril starts working in an hour and its effects last for 6-12 hours. It’s available in two forms:
- Injected form
- Tablet form
Tablets are equally beneficial for children and adults and injections are given to patients with long term seizures without any signs of recovery.
Like any other medication, rivotril also has advantages and side effects. Let’s throw light on benefits and drawbacks of rivotril.
- Euphoric feelings
- Prevents seizures
- Relieves panic attacks
- Best formulated drug against seizures disorder.
- Treats anxiety
- Helps treating insomnia
Negative side effects:
Rivotril can harm one’s health badly if used against given directions. Unwanted side effects of rivotril are as follows:
- Low sex drive
- Muscle ache
- Frequent urination
- Breathing troubles
- Fast heart rate
- Increased anxiety
- Serious fits or seizures
- Joint pain
- Mood swings
- Unusual thinking
- Take if and only when prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- Don’t take longer than prescribed because it may be habit farming.
- Never overdose.
- Don’t share with others.
- Immediately contact your doctor if any kind of side effects occurs.
- Patients with allergic disorders shouldn’t use it.
- If you miss a dose take it as soon as you remember and skip the dose if it’s time for the next one.
- Avoid driving or using heavy machinery after taking rivotril.
- Never increase or decrease the dose on your own without consulting your doctor.
- Consult your doctor before giving this medicine to children because effects on the health of children are certain.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store at a moderate room temperature.