Has pain become a permanent part of your life? Are you sick of using different drugs that claim to cure your pain but don’t do so? Well it’s a serious matter as regular mild pain may turn to serious chronic pain if not diagnosed timely.
Timely treatment and proper attention can be helpful for you in this case. Don’t get worried and put your mind to rest as we are introducing here a high quality medicine named Oxycontin that will actually help you in getting rid of your day to day pain.
THINGS TO BE DISCUSSED:
- What is oxycontin?
- How does oxycontin work?
- Mode of action
- Side effects
- Precautionary measures
What is Oxycontin?
Oxycontin also called oxycodone belongs to the drug class opioid. Opioid is a class of drugs that treats pain or work as pain reliever.
Oxycontin is the brand name of oxycodone. It is used to treat moderate to severe pain. Oxycodone, opioid medication is the most commonly used medicine against pain in medical settings all over the world.
Like dilaudid it’s also used against pain caused by cancer or other ongoing pains such as serious chronic pain. It is usually recommended when other medications don’t work.
How does Oxycontin work?
Oxycontin functions inside the brain or central nervous system by blocking pain signals to pain and then changes how your body and brain respond to the pain.
Dosage of any medication depends on one’s condition and response to the medication. Doctors may recommend the exact dose after observing your reaction to the medication.
- Follow the instruction guide carefully.
- Take regularly as recommended by your physician.
- You may take it with or without food.
- Recommended dose is one dose every 12 hours.
- Doctors may recommend you lower the dose first at start and then ask you to increase the dose slowly if the lower dose doesn’t work.
- Don’t crush or chew the medication and swallow the whole tablet.
- Take only one tablet at a time.
- Make sure to drink enough water with each dose.
- Don’t lick or wet the tablet before putting it into your mouth.
- Never take double dose.
Mode of action:
Oxycontin takes usually 10-30 or maximum 1 hour to start working.
- Best trusted medication against pain.
- Quick and faster results as compared to other drugs.
- FDA approved.
- Treats pain in a better and effective way.
- Dry mouth
- Stomach disorder
Keep following safety measures in view before using oxycontin:
- Take if and only when prescribed by your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to it.
- Before using it, tell your doctor if you have any serious disease.
- Don’t drive or lift or any heavy machinery after taking oxycodone as it makes you feel sleepy.
- Never share with others as a result may vary from person to person.
- Switch to some other medication if it doesn’t work for you.
- Prolonged usage may cause addiction.
- Follow instructions of the doctor carefully to avoid unwanted side effects.